Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] AMAZING NYC SHOW!!!

nina ninajill73@hotmail.com
Sat, 25 May 2002 12:46:16 -0400

--MS_Mac_OE_3105175576_67452_MIME_Part

yup - they were on fire!!!! Lucky Country jsut sent chills down my spine.
the whole show was incredible. the venue was great too - there was no
barrier between the crowd and the stage. those of us up front were leaning
on the stage - i mean, you can't get much closer!

the band seemed to be having a lot of fun. peter shared his water with a
woman up front (erin, if you're reading this...you lucky devil, you!) and
then later threw out bottled water to  people in the front. it was like,
"we're all sweating together, so here's some water because we're not done
yet!"

i was right in front of jim who later asked me if my ears are ok after being
in front of his guitar all night.

anyway, it was a pleasure seeing fans who i've met before and some i've
never met. rhonda, it was a pleasure to finally meet you! it was also great
to see craig, ben, chris (my partner in crime) and brigitte (the only real
alliance!) and of course kate, who i had the pleasure of driving down with.

let's hope the oils come around again so we can have another incredible
night like last night!

nina

oh - i was talking to will hoge after the show. he confessed that he was
sheepish on stage with peter because he had never heard the song before and
was expected to sing it with him!!