Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Amazing NY show!

GrnVillageGirl@aol.com GrnVillageGirl@aol.com
Sat, 25 May 2002 02:29:47 EDT

--part1_17.28b340ee.2a20895b_boundary

They were SO on it tonight! And "Shakin' All Over" -- wow! Yeah, Will Hoge
looked a little sheepish, but who wouldn't, standing in front of Midnight Oil
and expected to sing along with Peter Garrett?!
>From where I was standing, I saw Bones playfully tug at Hoge's jeans, which
were already sagging halfway off.
Jim had a little trouble with his guitar on "King of the Mountain," where it
seemed he was playing in a different key than everybody else, but the band
loved the room, and the energy in it. The crowd was NUTS, wonderfully so. New
Yorkers can be cold, jaded and downright rude when they don't like something,
but when they do -- they sure let you know it.
I got to meet and bounce around with Kate and Nina, so that really added to
my enjoyment..for once, I stood way up close (short people, y'know). They
were kind enough to let me jam in behind 'em.
Later, Bones told me that "since you were rocking out, I thought I might as
well, too!"
It was a great night. Wish all of you could have been there, just as I've
wished I could have been at some of the shows you fine 'workers have been
good enough to describe.
Me, I'm too exhausted to write more. Glad I got to go!

--part1_17.28b340ee.2a20895b_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff"><FONT  style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2>They were SO on it tonight! And "Shakin' All Over" -- wow! Yeah, Will Hoge looked a little sheepish, but who wouldn't, standing in front of Midnight Oil and expected to sing along with Peter Garrett?!<BR>
>From where I was standing, I saw Bones playfully tug at Hoge's jeans, which were already sagging halfway off.<BR>
Jim had a little trouble with his guitar on "King of the Mountain," where it seemed he was playing in a different key than everybody else, but the band loved the room, and the energy in it. The crowd was NUTS, wonderfully so. New Yorkers can be cold, jaded and downright rude when they don't like something, but when they do -- they sure let you know it.<BR>
I got to meet and bounce around with Kate and Nina, so that really added to my enjoyment..for once, I stood way up close (short people, y'know). They were kind enough to let me jam in behind 'em. <BR>
Later, Bones told me that "since you were rocking out, I thought I might as well, too!"<BR>
It was a great night. Wish all of you could have been there, just as I've wished I could have been at some of the shows you fine 'workers have been good enough to describe.<BR>
Me, I'm too exhausted to write more. Glad I got to go!</FONT></HTML>

--part1_17.28b340ee.2a20895b_boundary--