Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] the oils in philly, this thursday!

Greg Ralls GregRalls@users.com
Mon, 20 May 2002 12:40:52 -0400

i'm going crazy with anticipation for thursday night's oils show at the trocadero in philadelphia, pennsylvania!  i would be so thrilled if they played "stars of warburton" or "lucky country"...plus, i'd love to hear "under the overpass" as well.

excitedly,
greg ralls

-----Original Message-----
From: powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu
[mailto:powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu]On Behalf Of Kevin Worth
Sent: Monday, May 20, 2002 9:34 AM
To: powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
Subject: [Powderworks] clutch cargo/pontiac/detroit show

I went to the show last night, it was great.  The sound was a little
off, but I think that's because I was so close the speakers were
behind me.  I still thoroughly enjoyed it.

Will Hoge was ok, most of the songs were generic but a couple of good
ones.  My friend thought he sounded like Bryan Adams.  They did a
detroit tribute, "Chantrelles through MC5" a rocking version of "will
you still love me tomorrow." (if I remember that right)

I don't have the set list, but I do have a drumstick.

Capricornia songs played:
Golden Age
Luritja Way
Tone Poem (opener - great choice)
Mosquito March
Been away too long
Under the overpass (my friend - not an MO fan- loved this one)
World that I See
Poets and slaves (open the encore, good placement for this)

It looked like they were going to do another encore, the stage crew
set everything back up for it, but they never came back out.  I think
there were some sound problems all night, Peter kept going over to
the sound guy and pointing to his ear like his earpiece wasn't
working.  He also switched mics halfway through.

Highlight of the night was definitely Lucky Country.  that song is
incredible.  The crowd went nuts after it, and I don't think it was
because the crowd knew it before, it just simply rocked.  The band
seemed quite surprised by the reaction.  Other new songs for me (as
in never seen them live) E-beat, Now or never land, renaissance man,
drums of heaven.

Another surprise was no stars of warburton.  They always had played
that in Michigan, (I assume since the word "Michigan" is in the song)

that's it.  Awesome show.