Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: Gear - Been away too long

Kate Adams kate@dnki.net
Fri, 10 May 2002 21:57:50 -0400

The first time through Capricornia I found myself expecting them to segue
into Ned Kelly at any given moment of Been Away Too Long.  I love Place
Without a Postcard, and had been listening to it quite a bit when I first
bought Capricornia.  That high and lonesome guitar on Armistice Day really
gets me.  And if we ever manage to adopt a retired female racing greyhound,
my husband and I have vowed to name her "Queen Ella Holiday".

Of course, with all the Portland traffic on the list, I can't help but
think of the western foothills of Mt. Hood viewed from the air on approach
to PDX when I hear about "green curves" and "been away too long".

Kate