Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: Gear - Been away too long

stephen.wood@stockford.net stephen.wood@stockford.net
Fri, 10 May 2002 09:09:16 +1000

Hi Bruce
Yes it is martins handy-foot-work on the wah.
I watched him do it at the forum theatre in melbourne back in Feb.
Martin generally does any of the wah type stuff like the outro of bushfire.
I had a good look at Jim's pedal board at the forum and i didn't spot a wah
pedal so I guess Martin is their wah-wah man.

Does any one else think that been away too long is an absolute oils
classic? It reminds me very much of the postcard era. the 2 really edgy
sounding guitars playing off each other like in If Ned Kelly was King,
loves on sale or quinella holiday.....Damn that's an awesome album...

Hey Workers,

     I've been wondering who does the guitar intro on
"Been Away...?" I'm guessing it's Martin's
handi-foot-work on the wah. Is it the same live as on
the disc? Hopefully they play it live next week in
Calgary.

wakka-wakka, eh!

bruce