Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: SF Notes

Ray Gilstrap ratogi@soe.ucsc.edu
Thu, 9 May 2002 12:41:11 -0700 (PDT)

This was my third show (I caught the Anaheim and Portland shows last
year), and this one was probably third place in terms of overall energy in
the room.  Not that I didn't have a blast of course, but it just seemed
that there were more diehards at the other two shows singing along and
dancing/moshing.  Also, the Warfield was by far the classiest venue of the
three shows, so maybe people were feeling more reserved. ;-)

I wrote down the set list:

1. Been Away Too Long
2. Too Much Sunshine
3. Forgotten Years
4. Under the Overpass
5. Truganini
6. Comfortable Place on the Couch
7. (a joking cover of a Split Enz song whose name I didn't catch, in
    tribute to Bones, whose birthday it was.  They even brought out a
    cake, complete with candles...  Anybody else out there know what the
    song was?)

<Rob on the small kit>
8. Luritja Way
9. Tin Legs and Tin Mines
10. Now or Never Land
11. Blue Sky Mine
</Rob on the small kit>

12. Say Your Prayers
13. Golden Age
14. King of the Mountain
15. River Runs Red (well, the first 1/3 of it or so...)
16. Redneck Wonderland
17. Dead Heart
18. Dreamworld

<encore>