Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Washington DC review...

Powdworker@aol.com Powdworker@aol.com
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 19:29:09 EST

--part1_17a.5f149b3.29d660d5_boundary

In a message dated 3/28/02 7:04:55 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jburke523@yahoo.com writes:

> THE crowd wanted more, we almost had it but i saw the
> manager motioned to the sound guy to start the club music
> and to turn on the lights after about 2 minutes of more
> chanting while the roadies just waited in the wings.

Yeah, I was wondering what the deal was about that?! Miscommunication between
the Oils crew and house crew or something?

Anyhow ... I can't add too much to all the stuff that has been written about
the show, except I obviously agree that the Oils rocked and sounded
fantastic!!

I would have written earlier but I've been laid low by a root canal
infection. My mouth sort of hurt on Wednesday, but I went to the show anyway
and self-medicated with a couple of alcoholic beverages (and the Oils'
intensity would take ANYBODY's mind off pain, IMHO). Then things got a LOT
worse yesterday and I had to leave work to see a couple of dentists to
relieve my agony.

John and Melissa P., it was great to see you and please don't hesitate to
send me e-mail before your trip to Boston!

Mai and Peter, it was great to meet you! Have a safe trip back to Oregon, Mai!

Andy and Martin, good to see you again!

Garrett H., where were ya? I thought you were going to bring your wife along
this time!

And to the cute guy from Germany who got off the Green Line at College Park,
I hope you join the list!

This show totally convinced me that "Only the Strong" is an experience that
must be SEEN as well as HEARD!

I must admit that the late-April show in Vermont sounds awfully tempting ...
especially if Killington is still open for SKIING!! YEAH!!

Rocking on,
Patty in Maryland
Powdworker@aol.com

--part1_17a.5f149b3.29d660d5_boundary