Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Sales Figures

Megan Fitzgerald heymegsy@hotmail.com
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 21:45:15 +1100

Ian, I totally agree with you.
I am sick and tired of listening to the same old boring crap on Triple M
every single morning between 7-9am and on Club Veg 5-6pm.  I have to change
stations because quite frankly I'm tired of hearing U2's  beautiful day,
Alannis Morrisette or that bloody Alien Ant Farm.  Don't get me wrong, the
songs arn't too bad but  geez you get sick of hearing them every bloody half
an hour.

AND Nova Sydney (don't know about other Novas) needs to get off its arse and
live up to its promise of it "sounding different" because it sounds like the
same crap to me.
Triple J seems to be the only station that has got off its big fat arse and
started playing some new oil songs.  They've played Too Much Sunshine and
Golden Age on a few occasions and gave Capricornia some beautiful plugs over
the last few weeks.

Why is it that our fellow Aussies or Australian media only ever seem to be
able to recognise our boys for Power and Passion, US forces or Forgotten
Years?
I just can't understand why the oils don't get more exposure, I would have
thought they could have it but I wonder whether they're limiting their
public exposure due to other commitments?

Megs