Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Powderpassion thru Capricornia

fish_oil@space.com fish_oil@space.com
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 23:46:31 -0800 (PST)

Greetings Powdertribe,

     From the first moment I heard Cap. I've been
wanting to compare it with the really old stuff.
Everybody seems to be hearing ghosts of ESM or BSM, and
I'd allow the earthy vibe, sweet'n spacey guitar tones
and Ricky/Gretshce riffs bring those to mind, but
there's something else there too, that reminds me of
those older songs, especially the first cd. So I
listened to both back to back and there it was,
especially Powderworks and Head over Heels. Obviously
time has brought a maturing, deepened resonance like a
fine wine or good friendship - but the same passion and
genius runs through both. Anybody else made a similar
connection? I think these two discs may be the most
similar...

     Then again, it is very late. :) And there's a
full moon - a beauty she is too - and a large horned
owl perched on the roof above this little room outside.
 I've just finished writing a few dozen report cards,
mental atrophy is setting in, and I just listened to
Surfin With A Spoon.... mmmmmm. Time to head for the
hills. Good night.

cheers,

bruce

"i hate to say i'm wrong