Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] LMOC-Good Vibrations

Jim Stanley jim_snappa@hotmail.com
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 17:47:54 +1000

'Good Vibrations' is a double-cd recorded live at Selinas March 27, 1998. It
was a benefit concert for ex-Dragon vocalist Marc Hunter who eventually lost
his battle with cancer.
A large group of famous Aussie musos performed together on the night,
playing Dragon songs and songs from Marc's solo career. Peter Garrett sings
2 songs ("Dreams Of Ordinary Men" and "Speak No Evil"). Rob Hirst and Rick
Grossman are the rythmn section for these songs and Jimmy Barnes gives Pete
a hand singing the first one.
It's pretty cool, especially for the photos of Pete and Jimmy together, but
I probably won't listen to it much. If any pworkers want it, I'd be willing
to trade it for something else Oils-related (like the Hunting Party cd).
e-mail me off the list.

Jim.

p.s.
pardon my ignorance, but who is Kelpie-X? is it Martin?