Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Introduction and Chicago shows

Pew117@aol.com Pew117@aol.com
Sat, 23 Mar 2002 13:28:59 EST

--part1_62.1ce50f0a.29ce236b_boundary

Hello - my name is Jennifer from Peoria, IL (about 3 hours drive from
Chicago, IL and St. Louis, MO). I am new to the list, although I have been a
fan of the Oils since my days as a college radio DJ in the mid-80's. I've
seen the Oils twice here in Illinois, once in Champaign in 1990 (memorable
because they did an interesting version of Elvis Costello's "Peace, Love and
Understanding") and last fall at the House of Blues in Chicago.

I am hoping that the May 2 date posted on Pollstar is a true date because
that is the only one that a friend and I could make this spring, and he has
never seen the Oils, so I want to make sure he gets there. To answer an
earlier question about Taste of Chicago, I believe the free concert takes
place in Grant Park and is put on by WXRT Radio in Chicago (www.wxrt.com).
They have had a good variety of folks in the past and, although I have never
been there for it, my Chicago friends tell me it is a lot of fun. I would
suggest also monitoring the WXRT website for details. I am definitely putting
it on my schedule for this year.

Thanks to everyone for the updates and good information - it has been quite
helpful!

Peace,
Jennifer

--part1_62.1ce50f0a.29ce236b_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>Hello - my name is Jennifer from Peoria, IL (about 3 hours drive from Chicago, IL and St. Louis, MO). I am new to the list, although I have been a fan of the Oils since my days as a college radio DJ in the mid-80's. I've seen the Oils twice here in Illinois, once in Champaign in 1990 (memorable because they did an interesting version of Elvis Costello's "Peace, Love and Understanding") and last fall at the House of Blues in Chicago.
<BR>
<BR>I am hoping that the May 2 date posted on Pollstar is a true date because that is the only one that a friend and I could make this spring, and he has never seen the Oils, so I want to make sure he gets there. To answer an earlier question about Taste of Chicago, I believe the free concert takes place in Grant Park and is put on by WXRT Radio in Chicago (www.wxrt.com). They have had a good variety of folks in the past and, although I have never been there for it, my Chicago friends tell me it is a lot of fun. I would suggest also monitoring the WXRT website for details. I am definitely putting it on my schedule for this year.
<BR>
<BR>Thanks to everyone for the updates and good information - it has been quite helpful!
<BR>
<BR>Peace,
<BR>Jennifer</FONT></HTML>

--part1_62.1ce50f0a.29ce236b_boundary--