Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: Re: Golf?

Bawolski@aol.com Bawolski@aol.com
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 01:11:02 EST

--part1_187.52e065b.29cad376_boundary

In a message dated 3/20/2002 6:17:07 PM Pacific Standard Time,
bhuddell@bellsouth.net writes:

> The fact that you're unfamiliar with the growing concern about the
> environmental impact of golf doesn't mean it's a non-issue.  Educate
> yourself on the subject, then, if you disagree with the environmentalist
> point of view, make your case, as Kathryn has.  Many people still make the
> same sort of statements about beef, for instance:  "Aw c'mon.  It's just
> cows and grass, what could be more natural?!"
>
> Surprising how many 'workers seem to have been unaware that it was an issue
> at all.

I seem to remember reading an interview recently with either Rob Hirst or
Peter
Garrett in which (whoever it was) responded to a question about the
political/social
statements the band is known for making and how the audience (us) responds to
them.  The statement was made that there are some issues that the band
doesn't
see eye to eye on.  So why do people in this group think that everyone has to
have
the same opinions about golf, eating beef, or what have you in order to be a
fan
of Midnight Oil?

Mike

--part1_187.52e065b.29cad376_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 3/20/2002 6:17:07 PM Pacific Standard Time, bhuddell@bellsouth.net writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#0000ff" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">The fact that you're unfamiliar with the growing concern about the environmental impact of golf doesn't mean it's a non-issue.&nbsp; Educate yourself on the subject, then, if you disagree with the environmentalist point of view, make your case, as Kathryn has.&nbsp; Many people still make the same sort of statements about beef, for instance:&nbsp; "Aw c'mon.&nbsp; It's just cows and grass, what could be more natural?!"</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
 <BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#0000ff" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">Surprising how many 'workers seem to have been unaware that it was an issue at all.</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
I seem to remember reading an interview recently with either Rob Hirst or Peter <BR>
Garrett in which (whoever it was) responded to a question about the political/social<BR>
statements the band is known for making and how the audience (us) responds to<BR>
them.&nbsp; The statement was made that there are some issues that the band doesn't<BR>
see eye to eye on.&nbsp; So why do people in this group think that everyone has to have<BR>
the same opinions about golf, eating beef, or what have you in order to be a fan<BR>
of Midnight Oil?&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
Mike <BR>
<BR>