Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Rob talks about Capricornia

Kiri W screaminblue88@hotmail.com
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 14:19:08 +0000

Hi All,

Don't know if this has been posted before, but there is a great 30 minute
video interview with Rob talking about the making of Capricornia etc.

http://www.howlspace.com.au/en/midnightoil/interview-rh.htm

As far as Capricornia being too "pop" for some people on the list. Rob has
this to say.

"This band loves the idea of being a pop band. We love listening to good pop
bands and sometimes we even think we can be a pop band. And in actual fact
we've tried this - both Jim and myself have put forward obvious pop songs -
and occasionally we record them. In this case we even got to the point of
recording it at Festival as one of the designated songs and after having
completely finished it and having mixed it we rejected it again. So there's
a wishful thinking side to the band as well, but we always err on the side
of something that's tougher and rockier."

Cheers,
KW