Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] oils in vermont/my other faves

Eel Bonjack scissormansnip@yahoo.com
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 09:18:00 -0800 (PST)

I just moved from Vermont to Mass. a few months ago,
but I just called up one of my best friends and we're
planning on going to the Killington show, so thanks
for the info, nina!
I'm surprised as well that they're playing in
Killington.... usually when most tours stop in
Vermont, they play at a club called Higher Ground in
Winooski, near Burlington, where I just moved from,
I'm so glad I left that town, it was getting so
yuppified...But I did see some incredible shows there.
 But I'm not complaining about Killington, because I
got out of Burlingon for a good reason and I won't be
setting foot there for a good long while...
so here's my other favorite bands...

1 anything involving Les Claypool (Primus, Oysterhead,
Frog Brigade)
2 Man of Astro Man?
3 Syd Barrett era Pink Floyd
4 Dog Faced Hermans
5 Daniel Johnston
6 Tortoise
7 James Kochalka Superstar
8 Mr. Bungle
9 Tyro
10 Dead Kennedys
11 Tom Waits
12 The Clash
miscellaneous others on all kinds of odds and ends and
compilations. I never heard much of the oils until
about 93,(which was for me a good year) and I remember
seeing them on Saturday Night Live, they played
"Truganini" I fell in love with them right then and
there, but never took the time to get their stuff and
listen till a few years later... Oh yeah, when are
they playing on Letterman again? I also remember back
in 93 David Letterman being intimidated and freaked
out by Peter Garrett... too funny.
in other news, I heard that in South Korea a plant
grew out of a Buddha statue just outside Seoul...and
its supposed to be a sign from the goddess of
mercy.... so that helps me to deal with things in a
world of awful global conflict. may it give you hope
as well.
-eel

=====
while most people have a conscious and a subconscious,
I operate on the level of subconscious and sub-subconscious.
-Harpo Marx