Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] my additional 2 (0r 3) cents on "Breathe"

KLAY GUSTIN gustinhydraulics@qwest.net
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 09:26:36 -0700

I think Say Your Prayers fits right into the Breath sound.  It would be
completely believable if you didn't know better if someone told you it was
an out take from it.

President, CEO, Janitor, Evil Dictator, All Around Great Guy.
Klay Gustin  GUSTIN HYDRAULICS, INC.

-----Original Message-----
From: powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu
[mailto:powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu]On Behalf Of Eel Bonjack
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2002 8:32 PM
To: powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
Subject: [Powderworks] my additional 2 (0r 3) cents on "Breathe"

It was pointed out that "Breathe" has a bit more rough
edges to it than the others- and yah, for me that's a
plus... there's something raw about it. Its hard to
pinpoint for me exactly what it is, but sometimes less
is more. Another example is Daniel Johnston. He's an
amazing singer/songwriter, for those of you who don't
know, with a small but dedicated following. Some of
his most powerful stuff is low-fi. Just on a cheap
little tape recorder. But its so distinctive and
brilliant. He had one major record label release (from
Epic/Atlantic) and they tried to slicken him up a bit
but it just fell flat. "Capricornia" feels raw and
powerful in some spots, esp. in "Luritja Way" and "Say
your Prayers" hell yeah.
hope all your dates are good ones.

=====
the screens are filled with heroes and losers,
but the skies are still filled with stars.