Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] About Capricornia - interview bits and such

André Fromme afromme@gmx.de
Sat, 02 Mar 2002 03:51:45 +0100

--------------090509070804080408020605

...nice bits about tours, touring etc. here, also some more on the
SORRY-outfit at 2000's closing ceremony:
http://bulletin.ninemsn.com.au/bulletin/eddesk.nsf/All/9E755A36EAD0D974CA256B650014E614!open

SPOILERS:

'Ask Garrett of his plans for 2002 and he shoots back: "Tour, tour and
tour some more." Right now, the US is, of course, a country that could
use both the unifying escape of a powerhouse rock show and the deeply
felt righteousness of a band such as Midnight Oil.'

'Of course, now that the band members are all well into their 40s, their
lifestyle offers them the chance to hit the road again with some gusto.
Hirst says there are a dozen or more "baby Oils" running around, but
most of them are now of high school age, so the band has the liberty to
spend more time away from home.'

'[Hirst:] "We've managed to maintain not only the music we make
collectively, but that we were able to transcend the Australian thing,
which means there's a bunch of people in South Africa and America and
Europe and South America, many of whom are ready to see the band," he
says. "People respond to the band in a similar way - the Germans dance a
bit more in time, the Americans tend to be a bit more enthusiastic, the
Brazilians go totally berserk." '

andré

--
"In the beginning the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."

- from "The Restauraunt at the End of the Universe"
Douglas Adams *11|03|1952  +11|05|2001

A rather pointless & boring but nevertheless interesting site:
http://www.baustellenlampe.de

The author takes no responsibility whatsoever for this post.
Any resemblence to a coherent rational thought is purely coincidental.

--------------090509070804080408020605

<head>
</head>
...nice bits about tours, touring etc. here, also some more on the SORRY-outfit
at 2000's closing ceremony:<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://bulletin.ninemsn.com.au/bulletin/eddesk.nsf/All/9E755A36EAD0D974CA256B650014E614!open">http://bulletin.ninemsn.com.au/bulletin/eddesk.nsf/All/9E755A36EAD0D974CA256B650014E614!open</a><br>
SPOILERS:<br>
"Tour, tour and tour some more." Right now, the US is, of course, a country
that could use both the unifying escape of a powerhouse rock show and the
deeply felt righteousness of a band such as Midnight Oil.'</font></p>
into their 40s, their lifestyle offers them the chance to hit the road again
with some gusto. Hirst says there are a dozen or more "baby Oils" running
around, but most of them are now of high  school age, so the band has the
liberty to spend more time away from home.'</font></p>
we make collectively, but that we were able to transcend the Australian thing,
which means there's a bunch of people in South Africa and America and Europe
and South America, many of whom are ready to see the band," he says. "People
respond to the band in a similar way &#8211; the Germans dance a bit more in time,
the Americans tend to be a bit more enthusiastic, the Brazilians go totally
berserk." '</font></p>
andr&eacute;<br>
<pre class="moz-signature" cols="$mailwrapcol">--
"In the beginning the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."

- from "The Restauraunt at the End of the Universe"
Douglas Adams *11|03|1952  &#8224;11|05|2001

A rather pointless &amp; boring but nevertheless interesting site:
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.baustellenlampe.de">http://www.baustellenlampe.de</a>

The author takes no responsibility whatsoever for this post.
Any resemblence to a coherent rational thought is purely coincidental.
</pre>

--------------090509070804080408020605--