Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] John Entwhistle

Dale Ortiz dancingtoad69@hotmail.com
Sat, 29 Jun 2002 09:09:18 -0400

------=_NextPart_001_0002_01C21F4C.A6000570

I found out about this on the 11 O' clock news, on Thursday. I was stunne=
d. I immediately e-mailed most of my contacts. One, in particular, was fl=
oored, because she had met John, 9 years ago, after a show. She said he w=
as a very nice man. =20

I have the Who Millennium Collection, but it only has 10 songs. I had bee=
n planning to get a bigger album, but if I do now, I will look like a pos=
er. I had the same problem with Aliyaah (or however you spell her name). =
I was looking at her new album, put it back, bought a Casablanca video (w=
hich I have yet to watch), and tow days later, she was gone.  =20

John was only 57. That's not too old. But the same fate that befell (is t=
hat a word?) Roy Orbison, happened to him. A heart attack did them both i=
n, unexpectedly. They say John was on medication for heart problems. Roy =
was, too. In a 1986 concert video, Roy paused to take some medication. Do=
ug Sahm died unexpectedly, also, when the Texas Tornados were on tour in =
'99.

I paid tribute to John by blasting my Who cd in my car, as I was driving =
home from work. It's a shame he's gone, but he's probably up there, on a =
cloud with Keith, waiting for Roger and Pete, or playing along with them =
when they do their next show. Rest in peace.Get more from the Web.  FREE =
MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com

------=_NextPart_001_0002_01C21F4C.A6000570

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV>I found out ab=
out this on the 11 O' clock news, on Thursday. I was stunned. I immediate=
ly e-mailed most of my contacts. One, in particular,&nbsp;was floored, be=
cause she had met John, 9 years ago, after a show. She said he was a very=
 nice man. </DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>I have the Who Millennium Collec=
tion, but it only has 10 songs. I had been planning to get a bigger album=
, but if I do now, I will look like a poser. I had the same problem with =
Aliyaah (or however you spell her name). I was looking at her new album, =
put it back, bought a Casablanca video (which I have yet to watch), and t=
ow days later, she was gone.&nbsp; </DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>John was=
 only 57. That's not too old. But the same fate that befell (is that a wo=
rd?) Roy Orbison, happened to him. A&nbsp;heart attack did them both in, =
unexpectedly. They say John was on medication for heart problems. Roy was=
, too. In a 1986 concert video, Roy paused to take some medication. Doug =
Sahm died unexpectedly, also, when the Texas Tornados were on tour in '99=
.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>I paid tribute to John by blasting my Who =
cd in my car, as I was driving home from work. It's a shame he's gone, bu=
t he's probably up there, on a cloud with Keith, waiting for Roger and Pe=
te, or playing along with them when they do their next show. Rest in peac=
e.<BR><BR></DIV></BODY></HTML><br clear=3Dall><hr>Get more from the Web. =
 FREE MSN Explorer download : <a href=3D'http://explorer.msn.com'>http://=

------=_NextPart_001_0002_01C21F4C.A6000570--