Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] John Entwistle

Lina Lina" <lina_yune@msn.com
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 20:35:24 -0500

I just found the following article in the news...
Lina

Who bassist dies on eve of US tour
The Who's bass guitarist John Entwistle died on Thursday in Las Vegas on the
eve of the band's US tour.

A spokeswoman for the Clark County Coroner's Office in Las Vegas confirmed
the 57-year-old was found dead in a hotel in the city.

The cause of death has yet to be determined.

The spokeswoman told PA News: "I can confirm that Mr Entwistle has died. His
next-of-kin have been informed.

"He will be examined tomorrow so there will be no cause of death confirmed
today."

The band's tour was due to kick off on Friday at the Hard Rock Hotel in Las
Vegas.

The two-month tour was to take in venues in various states including New
York, California, Indiana, Illinois, Colorado and Texas before finishing up
in Cleveland, Ohio on September 27.

It is not yet known if the tour will continue without Entwistle who died at
the Hard Rock Hotel.

A spokeswoman for the hotel said a statement regarding the death would be
released later today.

Born in October 1944, Entwistle also played the French horn for The Who
alongside band-mates Roger Daltrey, Pete Townsend and the late Keith Moon.