Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Lyrical prowess

Felipe Castillo escrutador@language.proz.com
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 15:02:09 -0700 (PDT)

------------=_1024696929-1118-0

Well, the oils are an spiritual and ecological protest band. Hard to compar=
e with someone else but yopu can find out there some musicians who like to =
chant for the people, humanity, dignity and justice.

Other bands that has inspired a lot of things to change in life are:

The Clash,=20

a band from UK who were really  a true punk movement, I mean, they were alw=
ays looking for new tunes (reggae, ghospel and more) and always writing lyr=
ics about the world, people, humanity, dignity and justice.

Los Fabulosos Cadillacs,

an excellent band form Argentina, they mix latin music with rock, ska, regg=
ae and al the social and political latin american context. I recommend you =
this one if you like to open your eyes to latin american music.

Rub=E9n Blades,

a musician from Panama, C. A., a good representative for caribbean music (s=
alsa) and also an smart one who always  has sang for his people and Latin A=
merica.

there are other bands I like but they're not close to the oils like concept=
, but they are or were good musicians:

Joy Division
Siouxie and the Banshees
Dreamtheater