Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Lyrical prowess

fish_oil@space.com fish_oil@space.com
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 14:09:43 -0700 (PDT)

Here's the top 5 poetic flavours of the month in my
head:

~ Iona
~ Bruce Cockburn
~ Bob Dylan
~ Mark Heard
~ Bob Bennett

In no particular order, and excluding Oils of course.

bruce

On Fri, 21 June 2002, Serandipitey@aol.com wrote

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>Hi,
<BR>It's that time again...time to recommend your
favorite bands to other Workers.
<BR>
<BR>I love music with good lyrics - intelligent,
soulful, original, relevent, creative poetic lyrics.
Unfortunately I know very few bands who live up to
these standards. (namely MO and New Model Army...maybe
a couple of others) Can anyone recommend something? Of
course, the music itself has to be good too, not just
the lyrics, or it's pointless.
<BR>
<BR>Happy first day of summer to those in the Northern
part of our planet, and happy first day of winter to
those inhabitants of the Southern regions. :)
<BR>
<BR>Thanks,
<BR>
<BR>Varina</FONT></HTML>