Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] oils and idol

fluw fluwdot@earthlink.net
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 22:52:02 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C218AD.1772BF00

folks i saw billy idol last summer and i must say it was fun. he puts on =
a good show and his guitarist/partner steve stevens plays amazing solo =
progressive flamenco bits as well as his 80's shred and raygun blasts. a =
delight for open minded guitarists.
idol's music is not profound inspiring music like the oil's granted, but =
of course that is not the point, billy is kind of like a one night =
stand, one just needs to let it happen and enjoy in the sheer indulgent =
absurdity of it.=20
he has a great sense of humor about his macho posturing et al and
his loose, campy aggression is really quite genuine and playful.
billy doesn't take himself very seriously and nor should you. just let =
yourself go for a while and notice that it is just good (maybe not for =
you but neither are candy bars, popcorn and hollywood movies) clean =
adolescent fun.=20

so raise your fist in the air and cry..more..more..mo.o.ore woaaow!

anyway it's not as bad as seeing the oils at disney world.
i understand it is not ideal and it sounds silly putting idol and the =
oils on the same bill but i wouldn't be bitching about it. of course i'd =
just be happy if the oils came within 1600 miles of my town!!=20

todd =20

  ----- Original Message -----=20