Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: NMOC: SOCCER !!!

Paul Woodward Paul Woodward" <woody@hairydonut.plus.com
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 19:12:53 +0100

"Only Brazil & Spain left of the big teams"?

What about England & Germany?  And when did Spain become a "big" team?  As
far as I know they've never even made a major final, let alone won anything.

I for one don't want that cheat Rivaldo in the final!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bjorn Blomquist" <bjorn.blomquist@mbox301.swipnet.se>
To: <Oils21@aol.com>; ""Dave Schultz"" <dschultz29@hotmail.com>;
<powderworks@cs.colorado.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 6:15 PM
Subject: SV: [Powderworks] Re: NMOC: SOCCER !!!

> > This has been an amazing week! Had anyone told me that in the final 8 we
would see the USA, Turkey, Senegal and South Korea, I would have definitely
thought they were crazy.

> Yeah, this tournament has turned out to be the most unexpected and
weirdest WC of all times (I guess)! Either Turkey or Senegal will play a
semifinal! Could anyone expect that?

> Only Brasil and Spain left now of the "big" teams. I'm glad that Korea put
an end to Italy! :-)
> It's really true wa can't make any predictions in this WC. Now most people
would like to see Brasil-Spain in the final, which probably would be the
most "fair" regarding the playing so far.
> But in this sensational WC, it could as well be South Korea vs. Senegal!
Wanna bet? :-)

> /Bjorn
>

> > Spain was very fortunate that Ireland seems to have never practiced
taking a penalty kick. How does a team miss 4 our of 7 penalties at this
level? The Spaniard coach got away with having sat Morientes and Raul too
early.

> > I am no longer making any predictions because I have been extremely
wrong thuis far.  I am just going to sit back and enjoy the rest of it.  May
the best team win!