Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Capitol Theatre 1982 VCD weed

Miron Mizrahi mironmizrahi@yahoo.com
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 15:34:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hi PWers,

thanks to the generosity and extremely excellent collection of Todd
"The Oilman" Van Hammond I am now the proud owner of a number of
Oils shows on tape. I have converted them to VCD and will be
offering them over the course of the next couple of weeks, starting
with the 1982 show from the Capitol Theater in Sydney. For those of
you who own the 20,000 Watt RSL DVD, the live clips of "No time for
games" and "Lucky country" are taken from that show.

This show comes on 2, 700MB CDs and and I am offering 2 copies to
the 1st 2 workers who contact me offlist with their snail mail
address. it is offered with no strings attached. the only thing I am
asking is that the lucky winners, who will be the only ones
notified, offer it back to the list so that all of us can enjoy it.
for those without CD burners, these shows tend to circulate rather
quickly so you will soon be able to trade for them. as for me, I
would normally entertain trading requests but I am kinda busy right
now so please refrain.

Tech notes:

this show is in NTSC format. so far I have seen no evidence that
NTSC VCDs will not play on PAL DVD players buy check at least
whether your DVD supports VCDs.

the genealogy is

TV broadcast --> PAL to NTSC conversion --> capture using Dazzle
DVS200 --> convert to mpeg1 using tmpgenc --> burn with Nero

=====
Miron

It's better to die on your feet than live on your knees.
(Midnight Oil)