Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Powderworks e-mail version

Lina Lina" <lina_yune@msn.com
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 12:56:47 -0500

Hi Powdies,

Finally caught up with some of my e-mail after 2-week trip to the Wild West
wonders of North Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, and South Dakota.  I have not
touched my computer for 2 weeks, because that's how I planned my trip.

I came back, and my mail box was full.  I had 500+ messages, and only 150 of
them were Powderworks (yeah, I forgot to switch to digest).  And I can't
even begin to tell how much I missed them :-)  After 2 weeks away from the
civilization, 1 day on the raft down fast rapids in West Glacier, Montana,
overnight stay in the tent in the back-country with only music the sounds of
birds, elk, bears, wolves, and a small Indian ceramic flute; and some areas
it's about an hour drive before you see another human soul, it's so sweet to
see such an activity on my favorite list.  You guys made me feel connected
to the world again.

What I did to save all messages was I sorted all my e-mail by topic, and
Powderworks was very obvious.  I moved them to my other special folder, and
then realized that the remaining majority of the e-mail was the stupid spam
mail which was immediately deleted without reading.  Some messages were from
my friends, which I finally read and replied.

Now I am enjoying all my Oily mail, and if I missed some, I can always go to
the archives and read them again.  I think the system we have now is really
cool, and it feels so personal.  I find it very informative, and
interesting.

And oh how sweet Capricornia sounds driving down red-dusty backroad of
Southern Montana watching a herd of Wild Bison grazing in the foothills of
still snow covered Rockies takin' back-road to Yellowstone!

Lina

...Well I heard about the spirit of life is it flickering still
Yes I heard that the dark bellied angel's come running up the hill
Hold onto dreams, hold onto dreams tonight...Midnight OIl