Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Capricornia released in Germany!

A. Fromme afromme@gmx.de
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 12:36:17 +0200

--------------060206080209060301030202

[note to admin - sorry, sent out the first message from the wrong mail
account]

Hi there -

Well, I just checked - rather by coincidence - with amazon.de and guess
what - they got a listing of Capricornia!
This time it seems to be the official release, not some unavailable
UK-Import they'd listed in March/April.
bol.de (the other large German online store - whose prices are way
beyond good and evil) also has a listing of the CD.

amazon.de is giving the following details:
Cover picture (same as Oz and US versions) and a release date of July 22nd!
Availability, though, is "usually ships in 1 - 2 weeks".
The label is given as "Sis" with "Sony Distribution" added in brackets.
Oh - it's currently ranking as #150 in amazon.de's sales charts!
Not too bad midnightoil.com itself doesn't know the album's out here...
No tracklist is given, though, so I don't know whether the EPK is part
of the European (well, at least German) release as well.

Take a look at it here:
http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00006BXM5/
Bol.de also lists the EAN (which is Europe's UPC): 5099750620328

Alas - no mention of a non-import version of Capricornia on amazon.co.uk
and amazon.fr .

This bit of news is good enough for me to keep me happy for a while.

Best wishes,

andré, back to lurk-mode

--
"Der Blitzableiter auf dem Kirchturm ist das denkbar
   größte Misstrauensvotum gegen den lieben Gott"

Some rather shameless self-promotion:
http://www.baustellenlampe.de

--------------060206080209060301030202

<head>
</head>
[note to admin - sorry, sent out the first message from the wrong mail account]<br>
Hi there -<br>
 Well, I just checked - rather by coincidence - with amazon.de and guess
what - they got a listing of Capricornia!<br>
 This time it seems to be the official release, not some unavailable UK-Import
they'd listed in March/April.<br>
 bol.de (the other large German online store - whose prices are way beyond
good and evil) also has a listing of the CD.<br>
 amazon.de is giving the following details:<br>
 Cover picture (same as Oz and US versions) and a release date of July 22nd!<br>
 Availability, though, is "usually ships in 1 - 2 weeks".<br>
 The label is given as "Sis" with "Sony Distribution" added in brackets.<br>
 Oh - it's currently ranking as #150 in amazon.de's sales charts!<br>
 Not too bad midnightoil.com itself doesn't know the album's out here...<br>
 No tracklist is given, though, so I don't know whether the EPK is part of
the European (well, at least German) release as well.<br>
 Take a look at it here:<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00006BXM5/">
http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00006BXM5/</a>
 Bol.de also lists the EAN (which is Europe's UPC): <font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color="#000000" size="1">
 5099750620328<br>
and amazon.fr .<br>
 This bit of news is good enough for me to keep me happy for a while.<br>
 Best wishes,<br>
 andr&eacute;, back to lurk-mode<br>
<pre class="moz-signature" cols="$mailwrapcol">--
"Der Blitzableiter auf dem Kirchturm ist das denkbar
   gr&ouml;&szlig;te Misstrauensvotum gegen den lieben Gott"

<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.baustellenlampe.de">http://www.baustellenlampe.de</a></pre>

--------------060206080209060301030202--