Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] RE: oils @ metro

Bawolski@aol.com Bawolski@aol.com
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 02:03:02 EDT

--part1_ff.1b0a61b5.2a6e4b96_boundary

In a message dated 7/22/2002 3:31:44 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
fstariv1@nmhg.com writes:

> Can anyone out there help Matt out with this one ?

WOW !!! What a show. I've never seen the guys happier to be on stage than
they are right now. Even the usually reserved Jim, was laughing & smiling
all the way through. Hell, Martin even slipped a few do-do-do-do-dos into a
microphone during TDH !!! Rob just gave 110% and was justifiably buggered at
the end of the show. And Bones, well the guy has an amazing voice and his
bass playing was flawless.

PG was at his verbal best, taking some well earned pot shots at our nation's
leader for issues ranging from the current boat people crisis (just how
relevant is Ships Of Freedom right now ?) to the fact that he was one of
only 3 people in the stadium that  didn't acknowledge the significance of
the Oils' Olympic performance

The crowd was one of the best Oils crowds i've ever been part of and I think
the Oils quite visibly fed off the enthusiasm, judging by the fact that they
didn't want to leave the stage. So if you were there, thanks for
contributing to such a great atmosphere.

Cheers,
Vince

Here's the setlist from memory, so the order may not be exactly right

Mosquito March
Bullroarer
Too Much Sunshine
Dreamworld
Written In The Heart    (YES !!!!!!)
Capricornia

(Rob up front)
Lurlitja Way
Ships Of Freedom (very rare live track)
Time To Heal
Beds Are Burning
Blue Sky Mine

Say Your Prayers
Been away too long
Golden Age
Hercules
King Of The Mountain
The Dead Heart
=================
Redneck Wonderland
Read About It
=================
In The Valley (PG & JM only)
Forgotten Years

--part1_ff.1b0a61b5.2a6e4b96_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">In a message dated 7/22/2002 3:31:44 PM Pacific Daylight Time, fstariv1@nmhg.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#0000ff" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Can anyone out there help Matt out with this one ?</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
 <BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Tahoma" LANG="0">-----Original Message-----<BR>
<B>From:</B> Matt Noakes [mailto:phaffas@hotmail.com]<BR>
<B>Sent:</B> Monday, 22 July 2002 10:49 PM<BR>
<B>To:</B> fstariv1@NMHG.com<BR>
<B>Subject:</B> oils @ metro <BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Tahoma" LANG="0"><BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px"><BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
hi there, <BR>
i was wondering whether youd know what the setlist for the oils was when they played at the metro , sydney on mon 18th feb 2002, <BR>
if not could you tell me someone who does know plz<BR>
thanks<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
WOW !!! What a show. I've never seen the guys happier to be on stage than<BR>
they are right now. Even the usually reserved Jim, was laughing &amp; smiling<BR>
all the way through. Hell, Martin even slipped a few do-do-do-do-dos into a<BR>
microphone during TDH !!! Rob just gave 110% and was justifiably buggered at<BR>
the end of the show. And Bones, well the guy has an amazing voice and his<BR>
bass playing was flawless.<BR>
<BR>
PG was at his verbal best, taking some well earned pot shots at our nation's<BR>
leader for issues ranging from the current boat people crisis (just how<BR>
relevant is Ships Of Freedom right now ?) to the fact that he was one of<BR>
only 3 people in the stadium that&nbsp; didn't acknowledge the significance of<BR>
the Oils' Olympic performance<BR>
<BR>
The crowd was one of the best Oils crowds i've ever been part of and I think<BR>
the Oils quite visibly fed off the enthusiasm, judging by the fact that they<BR>
didn't want to leave the stage. So if you were there, thanks for<BR>
contributing to such a great atmosphere.<BR>
<BR>
Cheers,<BR>
Vince<BR>
<BR>
Here's the setlist from memory, so the order may not be exactly right<BR>
<BR>
Mosquito March&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>
Bullroarer&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>
Too Much Sunshine&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>
Dreamworld&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>
Written In The Heart&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; (YES !!!!!!)<BR>
Capricornia&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>
(Rob up front)<BR>
Lurlitja Way&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>
Ships Of Freedom (very rare live track)<BR>
Time To Heal&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>
Beds Are Burning&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>
Blue Sky Mine&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>
Say Your Prayers&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>
Been away too long&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>
Golden Age&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>
Hercules&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>
King Of The Mountain&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>
The Dead Heart<BR>
=================&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>
Redneck Wonderland&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>
Read About It&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>
=================&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>
In The Valley (PG &amp; JM only)<BR>
Forgotten Years&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>