Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Oils on Kilborn

Bawolski@aol.com Bawolski@aol.com
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 22:31:39 EDT

--part1_102.17d3556b.2a5cf68b_boundary

In a message dated 7/8/2002 9:36:17 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
jimcwarren@earthlink.net writes:

> Well, when I was on my way to see Midnight Oil for the first time,
> in San Diego in 1990, there was joking that Peter Garrett and Paula Abdul
> were sharing choreography with each other.  I don't remember the source of
> this
> joke.

Since this sounded familiar I checked some of the concert reviews
I kept from when the Oils played Los Angeles in 1990 (I would assume
the same week as the San Diego show) and one quotes Peter as
saying "Paula Abdul, eat your heart out.  I devise my own choreography."
He's also quoted as telling the crowd "we have a common understanding...
mistrust of Milli Vanilli."  Good call on Peter's part.  I'm pretty sure this

would have been before the Milli Vanilli scandal broke.

Mike
Los Angeles

--part1_102.17d3556b.2a5cf68b_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 7/8/2002 9:36:17 PM Pacific Daylight Time, jimcwarren@earthlink.net writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Well, when I was on my way to see Midnight Oil for the first time,<BR>
in San Diego in 1990, there was joking that Peter Garrett and Paula Abdul<BR>
were sharing choreography with each other.&nbsp; I don't remember the source of this<BR>
joke.<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
Since this sounded familiar I checked some of the concert reviews <BR>
I kept from when the Oils played Los Angeles in 1990 (I would assume<BR>
the same week as the San Diego show) and one quotes Peter as <BR>
saying "Paula Abdul, eat your heart out.&nbsp; I devise my own choreography."<BR>
He's also quoted as telling the crowd "we have a common understanding...<BR>
mistrust of Milli Vanilli."&nbsp; Good call on Peter's part.&nbsp; I'm pretty sure this <BR>
would have been before the Milli Vanilli scandal broke.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
Mike<BR>
Los Angeles</FONT></HTML>

--part1_102.17d3556b.2a5cf68b_boundary--