Midnight Oil

Re[1]: [Powderworks] Lyrics Misheard

Julian Shaw julian@monkeyfamily.freeserve.co.uk
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 20:52:34 -0000

Yes Fried Chicken is what I always thought they had said. I think good
lyricists quite often change lyrics in places specifically to throw people
off. For example a word you are expecting that would rhyme perfectly with
the word in the a previous phrase can be made to be a word of the same
meaning but which doesn't rythme. This has the effect of drawing you into a
song.

Of course in the BSM case Pete does not mean to talk about shaving...

Julian Lewis Shaw
Man, Myth or Monkey? Find out:
http://www.jlshaw.co.uk
----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephen Scott" <nornirn@lycos.co.uk>
To: <powderworks@cs.colorado.edu>
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2002 1:39 PM
Subject: Re[1]: [Powderworks] Lyrics Misheard

Has anyone else heard Queens "One Vision"? Right at the very
end I am sure the change the lyrics from One Vision to Fried
Chicken, when it goes Gimme gimme gimme gimme Fried
Chicken. There are loads of songs like that, but that's the only
one I can think of.
Anyone else got any other ideas?
Stephen
"This is a mad house..."

Maybe it just came out
> funny.
>
> >From: "cam@arthole"
> >To: "Powderworks Oil List"
> >Subject: Re: [Powderworks] Lyrics Misheard
> >Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 23:07:14 +1100
> >
> >a friend of mine still vehemently insists that the lyric to
blue sky mine
> >is "who's gonna shave me",
> >there's no convincing him otherwise, we've been arguing
about it for about