Midnight Oil

FW: [Powderworks] New Singles?

Glitch sena.reisenweaver@verizon.net
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 19:54:17 -0400

--MS_Mac_OE_3094574057_21953_MIME_Part

Today I called my local radio station here in Vermont (they sometimes play
MO) and asked if they have the latest Midnight Oil single -- they said YES,
and proceeded to play it!  I was so thrilled!  In answer to Serendipitey:

Does anyone have any idea as to what Golden Age is about? I read the lyrics
and I'm pretty puzzled.

I certainly can't say this with much authority, but having heard the song a
couple of times and read the lyrics, I'm thinking the following about it:
Everyone says that "Now" is the best time; things have never been better for
humankind as far as technological and medical advances...but if you look
right at it you'll see that not much has changed- the shallow materialists
still run the world, big brother trying to control everything, when all that
really matters is the purple patch of jacaranda
Framed in eucalypt from this wooden floored verandah
which many people fail to notice.
It's the Golden Age - sure! we've got all kind of modern amenities...but
what really matters hasn't changed much since the dawn of time.  The sky is
still full of stars, etc.

Just my take.
--Glitch Baby.

--MS_Mac_OE_3094574057_21953_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>FW: [Powderworks] New Singles?</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<BR>
Today I called my local radio station here in Vermont (they sometimes play =
MO) and asked if they have the latest Midnight Oil single -- they said YES, =
and proceeded to play it! &nbsp;I was so thrilled! &nbsp;In answer to Serend=
ipitey:<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE><FONT SIZE=3D"2">Does anyone have any idea as to what Golden Age =
is about? I read the lyrics and I'm pretty puzzled. <BR>
<BR>
</FONT>I certainly can't say this with much authority, but having heard the=
 song a couple of times and read the lyrics, I'm thinking the following abou=
t it: Everyone says that &quot;Now&quot; is the best time; things have never=
 been better for humankind as far as technological and medical advances...bu=
t if you look right at it you'll see that not much has changed- the shallow =
materialists still run the world, big brother trying to control everything, =
when all that really matters is the <FONT SIZE=3D"2">purple patch of jacaranda=
<BR>
Framed in eucalypt from this wooden floored verandah<BR>
</FONT>which many people fail to notice.<BR>
It's the Golden Age - sure! we've got all kind of modern amenities...but wh=
at really matters hasn't changed much since the dawn of time. &nbsp;The sky =
is still full of stars, etc.<BR>
<BR>
Just my take.<BR>
--Glitch Baby.<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3094574057_21953_MIME_Part--