Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] The Real Thing Thang

Jussi Korhonen jussihk@kolumbus.fi
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 23:57:41 +0200

I've been listening to The Church a lot lately, I bought a 3CD set with
Gold Afternoon Fix, Priest = Aura and Sometime Anywhere just before
christmas and the last two discs mentioned have been in my CD player all
the time (including at the moment). I only had Starfish and the Hindsight
collection before, but I think I'll order some of the remaining albums when
I order Capricornia. Especially the album with the cover songs. They also
seem to be a great live band judging from the live tracks I've downloaded..
shame I didn't like them this much when they played around here several
years ago. Guess I should join the mailing list and not spam this list..

Oh, ok.. Oils. I'm glad someone else too recognizes that the part in
Gunbarrel Highway that goes "Nothing could be longer than a corrugated
road, no one ever follows where the road trains go" is the Oils' finest hour.

Will there be anything else than the title song on the new single? (Sorry
if it has been mentioned before but I didn't see it)

Re: Initiating people to Oils: Whatever you do, don't give them Redneck
Wonderland as the first album. I tried that once and got informed that it
is a piece of..
Besides, it's mostly a losing battle, people like Beds but often that's
about it.

Jussi