Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Moral question?

Stephen Scott nornirn@lycos.co.uk
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 06:18:05 -0700 (MST)

--=_NextPart_Caramail_0078551011359885_ID

Talking about the Church. Someone on their newsgroup won
an eBay auction for an old Church (Steve Kilbey) recording
that was never released from 19 years ago. It is one of the
master tapes. Now this fella is re-mastering it, and burning in
onto silver CD's and is hoping to sell the 3 tracks for US=A313 to
anyone who fancies. He claimed that Karmic Hit (the label of
Steve Kilbey, the Church singer) gave him their blessing as
they were not interested in releasing it themselves. Turns out
that they are not very happy and are considering legal action if
this guy goes ahead and starts selling them.
I was wondering what people here thought about it. I know if
someone found a 3 track master tape of unreleased Oils songs
from 19 years ago, and wanted to copy and sell it on at an
inflated price, I would have to buy it, even though it meant the
band not getting any royalties. This is just because I love all
the Oils songs. I cannot find one single song of theirs that I do
not like. (I would always offer to buy them a drink when I see
them). Are there any Powderworkers who would not buy it as
it would not be what the band wanted?
Just wondering. I doubt it will ever happen (unfortunately).
See ya
Stephen
"This is a mad house"
Free Email - http://www.lycos.co.uk
Get your domain for =A39.90 - http://lycos.uk.domainnames.com/default.asp?caller=3Dlycos_ef
Win a widescreen TV - http://sundayleague.lycos.co.uk

--=_NextPart_Caramail_0078551011359885_ID--