Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] CDNOW interview

LLOYD_Ian@canon.com.au LLOYD_Ian@canon.com.au
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 11:24:35 +1100

That quote sums up the band totally i think, it is also the reason that i appreciate them so much
and a major reason that they have been around as long as they have.
To follow that up i think they really appreciate their fans and will always take time out to speak
and sign autographs when they can!
Long live the mighty Oils!!!
IAN LLOYD - National Sales Admin. Team Leader
CANON - Business Imaging Solutions Group
Level 2, 1 Thomas Holt Drive, North Ryde 2113
PH: (02) 9805 2384
FAX: 1800 352227
E-MAIL: lloyd_ian@canon.com.au

                    Serandipitey@aol.com
                    Sent by:                       To:     powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
                    powderworks-admin@cs.co        cc:
                    lorado.edu                     Subject:     [Powderworks] CDNOW interview

                    17/01/2002 07:04

Nice interview....here's a quote I particularily liked:

"We always felt that once we had a platform for our music we weren’t going to repeat ourselves and
become idiot puppets -- preserving ourselves in castor oil and behind eyeliner as we promenaded
around the world playing pop star."

And maybe that's why they aren't more popular- they refuse to buy in to mainstream-top 40 culture.
Seriously, look around at the music that is top 40 these days, and tell me how you fit a band like
midnight oil into that environment.