Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Intro. to Oils

btpmsi btpmsi@yahoo.com
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 22:51:30 -0800

All,

I think the comment (regarding what Oils album to evangelize people with)
that you must reflect on the persons tastes and make a selection from there
is a very telling one. Just the fact that there is such a wide range of
feels and sounds and approaches to the different albums, says to me that the
Oils' sound shifts around enough to have a very broad appeal. My own
personal attempt to get a close friend to appreciate the Oils started with
the Parramatta '81 bootleg. Something about the way Knifes Edge just grabs
you by the throat and of course that blistering version of Cold, Cold
Change- "just obnoxious", "I love it!" he said........