Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Got tickets to the Hollywood show...

R. B. Norton rbnorton@attbi.com
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 23:44:19 -0800

HA!  I think those Newport Beach guys were at the show in October!  They
were a bunch of drunken a**holes who pushed their way to the front right
before the show started.  One of the buttmonkeys wouldn't stop talking about
how he knew Peter personally and how they traded shirts years ago at another
concert.  Once the show started, he promply peeled the famous "Wedge" shirt
off of his sweaty, hairy, beer-stained back and held it up for Peter to see
(and to the annoyance of those behind him, no doubt).  Peter acknowledged
him and it just egged him on, of course.

Indi and I were about ready wail the crap out of this guy.  Look forward to
more of their drunken, middle-aged frat-boy antics at this year's show.

Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu
[mailto:powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu]On Behalf Of Rumor63@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2002 9:01 PM
To: powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
Subject: [Powderworks] Got tickets to the Hollywood show...

        Any other workers going to the Sunset Blvd HOB show?   A few years
ago at this venue....I met some really nice fellas from Newport Beach...they
had Oils T-shirts specially made for the whole group.  They remebered me
from
previous shows etc.

   We all had our places up against the stage.... we were friends. until the
show started.  They were pummiling me with theyre elbows trying to get rid
of
me......There was NO way I was moving........One of them thought he was very
clever and moved behind me and stuck his hand between my legs and started
groping me every few minutes......Im sure he thought I would move... I had
pee badly.... so I did.  He stopped groping me within seconds!!!  I also got
in my first and only fight that night.... for a Drumstick from Rob.......Rob
was getting a huge kick out of the fighting Im sure....  He was laughing
sooo
hard.........I got my prize......I have 2 now!!!!  It goes in my Midnight
Oil
"shrine"  (my kids call it)    proudly displayed in my living room.   I
absolutely turn into a different person at those concerts.......I really am
mild mannered the rest of the time!!!
     Hope to see some of you there...........Enjoy!!!

    Linda