Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Article in SMH

John Garrigues jgarrigues@dioptics.com
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 17:01:42 -0800

Here's what my Aussie friend says....

The Tampa affair was a boat load of refugees that our government rejected
and sent to a Pacific hell hole (where they still are), at the time it was
an election and the Government (Conservative) used the issue to inflame
bigotry and hatred to win the election. Central to the whole affair is the
Government assertion that refugees threw their children into the water to
blackmail the Aussie Government. Now it has come out that this was a lie and
that the government used it knowingly. The shit has hit the fan. The public
is outraged, the PM is a real fucking swine, he is worming his way out,
accepting no responsibility.
arghhhhh