Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Some thoughts on Capricornia reviews so far

The Oilman TheOilman@new.rr.com
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 01:36:24 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_006E_01C1BD9C.D606C400

Well, just a brief thought here about the reviews I have been reading of =
the new disc. First off, it seems that Liquid 8 is doing a good job =
since there seems to be a lot of people reviewing the disc, meaning the =
release hasn't come and gone without notice as seemed to be the case the =
last 2 discs. However I have one problem wiht everyone's reviews I have =
read, they are giving it great reviews (which makes all of us happy for =
the positive reviews and press) but I do strongly disagree with the one =
sentiment I keep reading. Many reviews have said its the best disc since =
Deisel and constantly comparing it to Deisel, ok I can see with the =
theme of the album how you may draw parallels. A lot of us on the list =
disagree about Breathe and Redneck, Redneck being one of my all time fav =
Oils discs next to Red Sails, however I think most would agree with me =
that to agree with the reviewers is to discard Blue Sky which is a =
crime. Heck, when Blue Sky came out Rolling Stone said it was better =
than The Joshua Tree by U2 and one of the best albums of all time, so =
its a bit sad for me to read this (as a big fan) and see these people =
missing something so vital to the bands history.

Well, my little observance. I'll go back to my scheming here trying to =
find a way to make some East Coast shows, may be seeing Mr Palmer again!

Todd
(Oilman)
=20

------=_NextPart_000_006E_01C1BD9C.D606C400

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Well, just a brief thought here about =
the reviews I=20
have been reading of the new disc. First off, it seems that Liquid 8 is =
doing a=20
good job since there seems to be a lot of people reviewing the disc, =
meaning the=20
release hasn't come and gone without notice as seemed to be the case the =
last 2=20
discs. However I have one problem wiht everyone's reviews I have read, =
they are=20
giving it great reviews (which makes all of us happy for the positive =
reviews=20
and press) but I do strongly disagree with the one sentiment I keep =
reading.=20
Many reviews have said its the best disc since Deisel and constantly =
comparing=20
it to Deisel, ok I can see with the&nbsp;theme of the album how you may =
draw=20
parallels.&nbsp;A lot of&nbsp;us on the list disagree about Breathe and =
Redneck,=20
Redneck being one of my all time fav Oils discs next to Red Sails, =
however I=20
think most would agree with me that to&nbsp;agree with the reviewers is =
to=20
discard&nbsp;Blue Sky which is a crime. Heck, when Blue Sky came out =
Rolling=20
Stone said it was&nbsp;better than The Joshua Tree by U2 and one of=20
the&nbsp;best albums of all time, so its a&nbsp;bit sad for me to =
read&nbsp;this=20
(as a big fan) and see these people missing something so vital to the =
bands=20
history.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Well, my little observance. I'll go =
back to my=20
scheming here trying to find a&nbsp;way to make some East&nbsp;Coast =
shows, may=20
be seeing Mr Palmer again!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Todd</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>(Oilman)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_006E_01C1BD9C.D606C400--