Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] (no subject), Friday @ the Forum.

jo daley joeydaley@hotmail.com
Sat, 23 Feb 2002 12:44:26 +1100

<P>Hi Ian,</P>
<P>I'm pretty sure they've got the correct date on the Oils website now. You're right, next Saturday 2/3, after 11pm Channel 10. I tried to get tickets through the Carlton Cold website but didn't win. Damn! At least we have the tv to look forward to.</P>
<P>Last night at the Forum was huge.I had Krusty screaming in my ear (thank goodness for earplugs) all night and tried to outdo her, but didn't quite succeed. The band just seemed to enjoy themselves and as for the crowd,well&nbsp;we went off too.It was sold out and it showed. The new songs go down a treat live, it's just awful not knowing the words.As for&nbsp;any song remotely&nbsp;'old' everyone just went wild. US&nbsp;Forces, Written In tThe Heart, Read About It, the usual... Awful thought, tonight will be our last Oils concert for quite a while.&nbsp;</P>
<P>Roll on Monday. Straight down to Danny at JB as early as possible to grab Capricornia and play it at work, much to the horror of my fellow workers who are not as enamoured of the Oils as myself. Luckily I work in a uni bookshop and we're just coming into rush for first semester.&nbsp;Hopefully educate the younger generation with decent music to listen to whilst they stand in their very long queues.Besides, I have to&nbsp;hear that album asap.</P>
<P>See everyone tonight very early outside those Forum doors. Cheers, Jo.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P><BR><BR>&nbsp;</P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV><BR><BR><BR>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif" color=#cc0000>"On the fields and farms of England, on the airstrips of the desert and the jungle, in the hangars of the Persian Gulf and on the tarmacs of the southern islands, I have walked and talked with God."</FONT></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif" color=#cc0000></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif" color=#cc0000>Tom Cutter. Round The Bend, Nevil Shute.<BR></FONT></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: LLOYD_Ian@canon.com.au
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: [Powderworks] (no subject)
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 08:38:03 +1100
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Has anyone got the correct time and date that Cold Live at the Chapel will be aired?
<DIV></DIV>&gt;I am assuming it will be next Sat 2nd March!
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;IAN LLOYD - National Sales Admin. Team Leader
<DIV></DIV>&gt;CANON - Business Imaging Solutions Group
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Level 2, 1 Thomas Holt Drive, North Ryde 2113
<DIV></DIV>&gt;PH: (02) 9805 2384
<DIV></DIV>&gt;FAX: 1800 352227
<DIV></DIV>&gt;E-MAIL: lloyd_ian@canon.com.au
<DIV></DIV>&gt;