Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Early demo?

Lane, Andrew Andrew.Lane@experko.chh.com
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 11:09:34 +1100

guys, i dont think this whole issue is really anything to argue about.  as
far as i understand it, the reason why demos are considered different to
boots is that some songs are totally unreleased, they were never made
public.  boots are public, they came from a public concert and i guess that
is the reason why the band doesnt have an issue with it.  true, people do
already have these demos, but putting them on the net is letting them spread
like wild fire...  just my opinion!

Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: Maurice R. Kelly [mailto:mkelly@deadheart.org.uk]
Sent: Friday, 22 February 2002 08:48
To: Justin H
Cc: 'powderworks@cs.colorado.edu'
Subject: RE: [Powderworks] Early demo?

On Feb 22, Justin H wrote:

> Sorry for the late reply, but, TAKE IT OFF!!! This was not made for public
distribution
> and as Travis has already said, its only out there because someone stole
it.
> If you cant get it off I will personally take it up with the band.
> Justin.

Okay folks, following a large number of emails from people wanting it left
up and people wanting it taken down, I'm going to have to comply with the
more vocal majority and remove the file.

Unfortunately I can't do this right now as the server is too full. I will
do it once I return to work tomorrow, when it should be quieter, but in
the meantime, if someone would do it for me I would be grateful.

Apolgies for the inconveniences and the shit-storm caused.

Cheers,

--
Maurice R. Kelly
mkelly@deadheart.org.uk