Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] LMOC: TheWave@, and Capricornia

thewave@oils-forever.com thewave@oils-forever.com
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 22:41:55 +0000 (GMT)

------=_Part_11759_94687.1014244915368

Hey folks,

My main point - if it concerns you at all - is to let you know I may no longer have access to this e-mail account, as the owners of "Another.com" will now be charging fees.  If you need to e-mail me for any reason, contact me at Jonathan.Snyder@LexisNexis.com for now.

To throw in a little Oils though:  While I don't think _Capricornia_ will rank up there with my all-time favorite Oils (tall order - _Blue Sky Mining_ still stands for me), I was very excited to hear this CD after last fall's tour.  I love the new songs and think it's a great album - but I'm not ready to rank it up there with the all-time best yet.

On the other hand, it's great to see Midnight Oil - once again! - reinvent themselves and add another dimension to their catalog of sound.

My favorites thus far:  "Tone Poem" (love that rich long intro!); "Under the Overpass"; "Mosquito March"; "Luritja Way"

Didn't like it so much at first but it's growing on me:  title track.

Thanks all, rock on The Oils!!!

Jonathan

--
Get personalised email addresses at http://another.com