Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] What other bands think of the Oils.

Tari, Vince fstariv1@nmhg.com
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 23:13:14 -0600

>   I was wondering if anybody new any cool quotes or comments
> that other
>   bands had made about the Oils music and why they liked them.
>
>   I remember seeing an interview with Joe Camilleri from The Black
>   Sorrows, he was asked about the affect of Australian music overseas.
>   He said that the Oils had something really special that none of the
>   other bands have got anywhere in the world. Realizing what he said
> (not wanting to offend his mates!) added that Crowded House have a
>   little something too.

I know that The Living End are huge Oils fans. I once heard Scott the bass
player say that along with AC/DC, the Oils were their main inspiration to
pursue a musical career.

I think the recent tribute album is a fairly good indication as to the wide
range of musicians influenced by the Oils

Vince