Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] NMOC-Olympics

mai kiigemagi kiigemagim@nclack.k12.or.us
Mon, 04 Feb 2002 08:50:28 -0800

The discussion of the super-patriotism displays at the Super Bowl reminds
me of a TV ad that I saw for the Olympics which uses song lyrics "this is
my house and I get to win". This attitude disgusts me! It's not what the
Olympics is supposed to be about. Given that many countries already think
the US is insufferably arrogant, what are we doing perpetuating this
attitude?! Sorry for ranting, this has been on my mind lately.

Mai

"They that can give up essential liberty for a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety."  --Benjamin Franklin, 1759