Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: [Powderworks]Concept Album

curtis carter arcticbstrd@netscape.net
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 18:52:57 -0600

--------------020900030903050704050800

>>Pardon my ignorrance, but what is a concept album?
>>
>>now they could pull it off. An example of a great concept album that I
>>
>came
>
>>across recently is Suzannah Suite by Robbie James - highly recommended if
>>people want to check it out (and Robbie is so nice to chat with!:-)):
>>http://www.ganggajang.com/rj_pages/rj_suzst.htm It basically tells the
>>
>story
>
>>of Suzannah a convict who is sent across to Australia in the first fleet.
>>The story is something that certainly couldn't have been told in just a
>>
>few
>
>>songs.

I like to look towards roger waters/ pink floyd for concept albums such
as the wall and dark side of the moon.  dark side for the music, but the
wall for a story..though it's a bit difficult to decipher the story on
the first listen.  the only prob with roger waters after floyd is that
he concentrates too much on the lyrics and story that the music
sometimes suffers, but i don't think that would happen with the oils
doing it. :)

agreed, that it would be great to see them do it, but i'm almost afraid
of the pressure of such a project might cause a bit of a rift within the
band too.  you almost need an egomaniac to helm the project and become
the director kinda like when david byrne became a control freak and
refused the band (talking heads) to have cups of water on stage for
their stop making sense tour.

c'est tout, (hope that makes sense..if not..guess trudeau's plan didn't
quite stick with me huh?)

curt

--------------020900030903050704050800

<head>
</head>
        <pre wrap=""><!---->came<br></pre>
          <pre wrap=""><!---->story<br></pre>
            <pre wrap=""><!---->few<br></pre>
              <pre wrap="">songs. </pre>
I like to look towards roger waters/ pink floyd for concept albums such as
the wall and dark side of the moon. &nbsp;dark side for the music, but the wall
for a story..though it's a bit difficult to decipher the story on the first
listen. &nbsp;the only prob with roger waters after floyd is that he concentrates
too much on the lyrics and story that the music sometimes suffers, but i
don't think that would happen with the oils doing it. :) &nbsp;<br>
agreed, that it would be great to see them do it, but i'm almost afraid of
the pressure of such a project might cause a bit of a rift within the band
too. &nbsp;you almost need an egomaniac to helm the project and become the director
kinda like when david byrne became a control freak and refused the band (talking
heads) to have cups of water on stage for their stop making sense tour.<br>
c'est tout, (hope that makes sense..if not..guess trudeau's plan didn't quite
stick with me huh?)<br>
curt<br>

--------------020900030903050704050800--