Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] My response to Tim Blair

Kate Parker Adams kate@dnki.net
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 16:55:45 -0500

--=====================_55838371==_.ALT

I can't speak for the Oz shows, but I do know that every US show that I
went to over the course of a decade was at least 50/50.  At the NYC show,
the front of the line was a woman and her 20 something daughter, and the
stage was almost exclusively held up by girlpower!

At 11:25 PM 12/13/02 +1030, Anna Offler wrote:
>Hey Steve,
>If they can convert Anna to a die hard Oils fan they must be good. She is
>not one for loud rock bands. Unlike Lew she didnt listen to Black Sabbath,
>Led Zep and Deep Purple in a dissipated youth as she came from a good
>European Catholic background.
>She would have killed me if I didnt buy tickets on the first day or tell
>her what day the next album was coming out from postings on Powderworks.
>Have never seen her anywhere near so passionate about another
>group/musician. Hard to get Oils CDs off the multistacker. Other bands -
>who are they? She keeps mumbling . Oh well 13 albums to listen too.......
>I wish I knew them for the first ten years....
>Such are our regrets.
>Lew and "Sad" Anna
>Was it just a dream.
><STeve wrote
>
>Secondly, if you had been to any one of their many recent gigs around
>
>Australia, you would have seen all the females but of course you've never
>
>been to an Oils gig.

--=====================_55838371==_.ALT

I can't speak for the Oz shows, but I do know that every US show that I
went to over the course of a decade was at least 50/50.&nbsp; At the NYC
show, the front of the line was a woman and her 20 something daughter,
and the stage was almost exclusively held up by girlpower!<br>
At 11:25 PM 12/13/02 +1030, Anna Offler wrote:<br>
Steve,</font><br>
they must be good. She is not one for loud rock bands. Unlike Lew she
didnt listen to Black Sabbath, Led Zep and Deep Purple in a dissipated
youth as she came from a good European Catholic background. </font><br>
on the first day or tell her what day the next album was coming out from
postings on Powderworks. Have never seen her anywhere near so passionate
about another group/musician. Hard to get Oils CDs off the multistacker.
Other bands - who are they? She keeps mumbling . Oh well 13 albums to
listen too....... I wish I knew them for the first ten years....
Secondly, if you had been to any one of their many recent gigs
around<br>
Australia, you would have seen all the females but of course you've
never<br>