Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Oils Jim Ladd & World Cafe interview/performance CDs

Jay Montgomery showdog25@hotmail.com
Sun, 08 Dec 2002 23:52:24 -0500

Hi.  I just got these two CDs from a kind Powderworker who weeded his
copies.  They both seem to have radio static throughout - they are
listenable but the static is somewhat annoying.  At first I thought there
was a problem with my copies, but I received two other CDs from this person
which play fine.

Which leads me to believe the static is due to poor FM reception by the
person who originally taped the shows from the radio.  Has anyone else
noticed this on their copies, or am I just being too harsh?

Anyway, I have always had the policy that I will not pass a recording on to
others that I am not happy with myself.  I have decided that rather than
re-weeding these CDs, I will offer something else from my collection.
Unless someone out there in Powderworks land has crystal-clear FM versions
of these shows they would be willing to copy for me, which I will gladly
reweed.  If not, look for a very special offer from me in the coming days.

And while I have your attention, if there are any other Indianapolis
Powderworkers out there, X103 played my Oils tribute this morning around
10:00.  Normally they play the usual Creed/Nickelback/whatever passes for
alternative these days, but for three hours on Sunday morning a stand-up
comedian gets to play whatever he wants.  Great show if you are in the area
and can check it out, he plays your requests and gives away concert tickets
and CDs.

Have a nice week.

jay