Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Remasters

The Mattrix soberman_69@hotmail.com
Sun, 08 Dec 2002 01:12:46 -0500

Hey,

     Those deluxe 24-bit remasters like Marillion and Iron Maiden did were
cool, featuing all the b-sides and remixes.  But I'd rather have those on
seperate releases and boxsets.   What would be great is if the Oils would
release remasters featuring the original recording, and then a track by
track set of live versions of all the songs, as in "10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1:
Remastered Disc one, 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1, Remastered LIVE Disc 2"  As far
as I know nobody has ever done anything like this before.  Right?
      Hopefully, there are existing live recordings of all the tracks on at
least the major Oils discs.  Perhaps, at the least,  Powderworkers with
access to a large cache of bootlegs can compile and weed live track by track
versions to us all?

Just thinkin out loud,

Matt