Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Remastering the Oils Catalog

Beth Curran bcurran@columbus.rr.com
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 18:41:47 -0500

What you said, Nina.  I just can't figure out why that last show wasn't
filmed.  It makes no sense at all.  So I expect some kind of final show
or tour or something.  I refuse to give up hope!

Saw Tom Petty and his "all new rock & roll show" last night with a
friend who'd never been to a concert (he's a Nigerian immigrant).  He
poked me after the third song and asked when would the fights and chaos
begin.  I told him he'd have to catch Green Day or Eminem for that <LOL>
and he seemed kinda disappointed, but at least he got the full, glorious
secondhand high experience. I haven't been in that thick a cloud since
the early 80's.  It really took me back - I'm too old for that kinda
stuff now <vbg> but that don't mean I don't miss it!  It was a great
show.  I feel better now, more hopeful and ready to wait patiently for
the great stuff the guys will be making for us next.

All I need to fully cheer me up is for someone to tell me they know for
sure that Pete's statement about needing to devote time to other
interests means politics or other work interests - as opposed to him or
someone in his family being sick or in trouble.  Abrupt changes always
scare the hell out of me and make me fear the worst - Beth