Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] The Time Has Come

James Warren jimcwarren@earthlink.net
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 19:04:48 -0800

I rode my bike to and from work today;  I do this sometimes, even
though it is not easy.  I am absolutely convinced that Midnight Oil,
among others, have helped me to have the resolve to do this.

I am feeling really lucky to have enjoyed Midnight Oil for the past 15
years.

I don't feel awful about Pete's departure, because he is moving on,
just like I move on in my life.  My Midnight Oil fanaticism has waned
over the past several years, not through any fault of theirs, but
because I have become more bored with rock music.

Still, Capricornia got me excited about a rock album again only less
than a year ago.  I now kind of view it as a last gift from Peter.

I am happy to move on from Midnight Oil, knowing that their impact on
me will always be there.

The end of the run is a sad thing, but not a bad thing for me, because
I have gained so much from their music.  I am one of the lucky ones who
got into them at the right time ( I was a teenager when 10...1 and D&D
got big in the states), got to see them live, and had my fill.

Their influence on me can only be a positive thing.  What more can I
ask for?

And I really hope they see this message, somehow.

-Jim