Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Let's be thankful

Chris W. Rea cwrea@vex.net
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 17:52:40 -0500 (EST)

When I heard "something happened to Midnight Oil" from a friend today, I
feared the worst... then after finding out it's just a breakup, I sighed
relief.  Peter left the band - it is sad, yes... But I'm damn thankful what's
happening here is nothing like what happened to INXS five years ago.  That,
at the time, completely floored me.

This other kind of stuff happens all the time.  Hunters & Collectors for
example... no more, but now former front-man Mark Seymour has a flourishing
solo career [really great stuff!] And he's not the only one in the band who
picked up from there.  There's been a lot of good stuff from those guys...
just not together.

Each of the Oils has the potential to go on and continue with wonderful
things - whether it's musical art, politics - or whatever, life carries on.
In the grand scheme of things, I think that's what matters.

Regards,

[ CHRIS W. REA [UL]   software architect ]
[ mailto:cwrea@vex.net   toronto, canada ]