Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] re: we thought you were leaving, Dale.

pete.poitras@the-spa.com pete.poitras@the-spa.com
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 07:31 +0100

I'm sorry, Dale, but I am of the opinion that it WAS called for.

You show up on the list, tell everyone you're using a fake name, then quickly proceed to tell everyone how the list is all messed up because the messages aren't focused on the subject that you want them to be.

THEN, you whine some more, and tell everyone on the list, more than once, that the list sucks so bad, you're off the list.

And then you stay and whine some more, and get all defensive because someone called you on the fact that you lied by saying you were leaving and then not carrying through (again).

I think what you really need to do is ditch this fake persona, join up under a new one, and pretend to be less whiny and just delete messages that don't interest you, and actually contribute to the mailing list with information when you can, not just bitch about what others are contributing.

But that's just my opinion on a rainy day in New England.  I assume there are many people who feel the same way as I do, and many that don't.  That's the beauty of the list, diversity.  So if you don't like it, go, but for heaven's sake, if you stay, stop bitching...

Pete