Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] NMOC:would-be dictator Bush leaves another muddy bootprint on the Constitution.

Beth Curran bcurran@columbus.rr.com
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 20:54:09 -0400

Things are getting positively surreal in the White House these days.
Just when you think you've heard the most outrageous bit of news, along
comes another one......I read yesterday about Bush's snubbing the
Johannesburg conference - well, hell, WE have a pretty good deal going
here, why muck it up by considering anyone else?  Well, if they're from
a non-oil-producing country, I should say.

On an unrelated note, my mother-in-law (60 something) is starting to
become a little bit of an Oils fan.  We've been doing some little day
trips together, and the kids insist on having the Oils playing in the
car.  Father-in-law remains unconvinced. - Beth

-----Original Message-----
From: powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu
[mailto:powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu] On Behalf Of Brian Jacobs
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2002 5:15 PM
To: powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
Subject: [Powderworks] NMOC:would-be dictator Bush leaves another muddy
bootprint on the Constitution.

Check this out:

http://www.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/08/26/bush.iraq/index.html

In brief, it says that the White House has decided it can move
unilaterally to attack Iraq without an official declaration of war from
congress.

---
The "Bonsai Kitten" web site does a reflect a very dark, disturbing
trend in our society, and it has nothing to do with animal abuse. It has
to do with an ever-increasing sense of entitlement which proclaims that
if you don't like what someone else has to say, the best and most proper
way of handling your displeasure is to force the other person to shut
up.